Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pi Day

Today is 3/14, also known as Pi Day. It is a day celebrating that infinite, endless series of numbers.  But for me it represents something much more.  My divorce was finalized on 3/13 three years ago.  The next day, I woke up to Pi Day and thoughts about infinity and forever. "Forever" was a theme in my marriage that I always struggled with... this idea of neverending love, for always.  While I do believe that true, lifelong love is possible, I don't believe it is possible without accepting and even encouraging change and flexibility.  That was certainly not a part of the "for always" that was in our wedding vows, and that is one of the many reasons I am no longer married. The annual celebration of this day helps remind me that the only thing I want to accept as infinite in human nature is our need and desire to change and grow. Pi Day has come to represent the day I started a new journey, embraced my eternally changing and evolving nature, and freed myself from the things that held me back for too many years of my life.
What better way to celebrate the infinite possibilities of life than a photo shoot with a delicious miniature fruit filled pastry?

No comments:

Post a Comment